Friday 6 April 2012

A New Beginning

Well here we are.  This is something I've been thinking of doing for a very long time but haven't had a chance to sit down and get it sorted.  Now it seems (thanks to the Twitter revolution) that the importance of reflecting on my teaching and sharing ideas has become quite high.  Anyway, most of what I will post will be a chance to think out aloud.  I'm sure that some of the stuff I will share will be of little or no interest to some people.  Some of the ideas from my lessons that I talk about probably don't work.  There will probably be a few spelling and grammatical errors as well.  But that's not the point.  I have a passion for learning and want to make the environemnt that I teach in as rich as possible.  Learning is my life and what will follow will be a few ideas and accounts that I have used.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, absolutely loving your blog and the ideas you are sharing. I just read all your posts on feedback as I'm intrigued by the fact that it indeed often doesn't stick. Now I read the following statement: "It's not surprising when its's claimed that 70% of the feedback we give is not received by students..." Would you be able to reference who claimed this 70% figure as I'd love to use this comment in my presentation but need a reference... was it Hattie? Many thanks and keep up your inspiring writing! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for the comment. I have checked my source and it was Hattie. A further link to another blog discussing the 70% can be found here http://www.learningspy.co.uk/english-gcse/getting-students-to-act-on-written-feedback/ I hope the presentation goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for getting back to me so promptly and for the link! I'm amazed about the depth of the discussions on yours and David's blog and the passion for education...! Great to see there are more out there like with a passion for education!

    ReplyDelete